国际利来城home to the largest low carbon sector in the UK outside London and the South East, Manchester is well placed to access the £3.4 trillion global low carbon market and has particular expertise in several key areas including nuclear, power transmission & distribution, Smart Grids and District Heat Networks.
A progressive and driven city, Manchester is fully committed to the low carbon agenda and is a driving force in the trial and demonstration of new low carbon technologies and innovations. With an ambition to be carbon neutral by 2038 - over the next few years, it is estimated that Manchester will invest approximately £8-10 billion to decarbonise, creating significant opportunities for businesses.
• Nuclear: Manchester is located at the heart of the UK’s largest nuclear industry, 国际利来城home to significant nuclear orientated businesses, including the world-leading University of Manchester Dalton Nuclear Institute
• Power Distribution: Manchester is a transmission & distribution and Smart Grid industry cluster which includes Siemens Transmission & Distribution; RXPE Power Engineering and WSP Parsons Brinckerhoff
• Consultant Engineering: Manchester is 国际利来城home to a large cluster of world-leading engineering practices such as Jacobs Engineering and Bouygues Energies & Services, providing a range of engineering, technical consultancy and architectural services to national and international projects
• Financial and Legal Services: specialist low carbon financial and legal services are provided by the UK’s largest regional financial and professional services hub employing 250,000 people
• Innovation Test Bed: world-leading research facilities, state-of-the-art science parks and dedicated “living labs” provide businesses with controlled and real-world environments to test and trial new low carbon innovations
Twitter and LinkedIn.
Find Out More
Global brands, SMEs and start-ups alike are thriving in Manchester thanks to the city’s outstanding connectivity, its international reputation for innovation and the wealth of expert talent available here. MIDAS – the city’s dedicated inward investment agency – has helped hundreds of businesses relocate to or expand into the city.
Do you want to find out more about Manchester and how MIDAS can support your business relocation or expansion? Register here to receive useful resources about Manchester and MIDAS’ support package.
Get in Touch
Find out how Manchester can help you innovate. Talk to our sector specialist:
Head of Business Development – Manufacturing and Advanced Materials
T: +44 (0)161 237 4470
- Manchester-based bike manufacturer hails landmark moment as Prime Minister Boris Johnson rides one of its Viking bikes